The NYC Fashion Production Fund (NYCFPF) will offer short-term purchase order financing to New York City-based designers who manufacture their merchandise in New York City. The Fund will use the proceeds of the loans to pay the designer’s vendors directly.
The NYC Fashion Production Fund will:
- Offer loans and advances against approved customer purchase orders
- Offer loans (ranging from $50,000 – $300,000) to cover costs of raw materials and production
- Offer loans for time periods between 30-120 days, depending on individual designers’ production cycles
- Require the loans to be repaid upon shipment of the goods to the customer and assignment of the receivables to the designer’s lender or factor
- Require payment of 9.5% per annum interest (0.79% per month)
- Require monthly payment of a 0.33% servicing and monitoring fee
- Be based and doing business in New York City
- Manufacture goods in New York City
- Provide detailed documentation of all approved customer and vendor purchase orders
- Demonstrate a source of repayment to the NYCFPF upon shipment of finished inventory to the customer
- Have manufactured and sold goods for a minimum of 3 seasons, subject to exception
Please note that eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into the NYCFPF.
Interested designers are asked to complete a questionnaire to determine if their business is ready for financing from the NYCFPF. Within 3-5 business days of submitting a completed questionnaire, eligible designers will receive an application from the NYCFPF or notification of ineligibility.
Along with a completed application, each eligible applicant must include:
- Copies of all purchase orders being submitted for funding (on customer letterhead)
- P & L statement covering the last 12 months
- Tax returns from the last 2 years
- Last 2 years’ trailing sales by customer
- Letter of support from fashion industry contact(s) with whom the applicant has a significant professional relationship
- A $250 application processing and due diligence fee payable by check to “NYC Fashion Production Fund LLC”
Applicants will be notified:
- Within 5-7 working days of receipt of the $250 application fee and completed application regarding additional due diligence requirements
- Within 30 days of due diligence completion and funding decision
Time to receipt of a commitment to fund can vary based on the amount of due diligence required, but typically ranges between 2-4 weeks.